Singular and Plural Nouns
May 25, 2011 Leave a comment
What’s the difference between cat and cats ? The noun cat is used when it refers to only one cat; its form is singular (cat ). The noun cats is used when it represents more than one cat; its form is plural (cats).Thus, the singular and plural forms tell us about number. Below are some nouns in their singular and plural forms.
[Glossary : Difference = perbedaan; Singular = tunggal; Represent(s) = mewakili; Plural = jamak; Thus = sehingga/dengan demikian; Form(s) = bentuk; Bed = tempat tidur; Kite = layang-layang ]
Mention (sebutkan) each noun in the sentences below and indicate (tunjukkan) whether it is singular (SG) or plural (PL).
Note : There may be more than one noun in a sentence.
Sample: They used her computer to download the files . –> computer (SG), files (PL)
1. He had a few good ideas.
2. The boys spoke in a quiet whisper.
3. The tourists greeted the queen with attitudes of respect.
4. My neighbor is a neurologist.
5. The exterminator found bugs in the office.
6. Sharks live in water.
7. Yesterday, I caught a big trout.
8. There are many beautiful homes on this block.
9. Visitors to this country must obtain visas.
10. His cousin fought in a brutal battle to free ninety hostages.